COVER CROPPING ASSISTANCE
Looking for an innovative way to boost soil health and fertility on your farm? Cover cropping is for you! Cover crop plantings improve soil fertility and organic matter, keep soil in place, are useful in managing field moisture, and can help control weeds, pests and diseases.
Make seeding cover crops a cinch by utilizing our pull-type no-till seed drill. At a 6 ft working width with optional capacities for native grass and small seeds, the drill is ideal for any cover crop or pasture renovation application if you have a minimum 40 HP tractor with rear remote hydraulics to run it. We also have a flail mower available as an option for terminating cover crops.
Contact Alison Nichols for technical assistance around cover cropping and see the resource list below.
COVER CROPS FOR THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST
- WSU Puyallup Organic Farming Systems and Nutrient Management program's cover crop trials, cover crop school presentations, cover crop termination video, and reduced tillage in organic production video.
- Cover Crop Resources and Seed Vendors for Oregon and Washington
- Methods for Successful Cover Crop Management in Your Home Garden – WSU Extension
- Cover Crops for Home Gardens West of the Cascades – WSU Extension
- 1st Annual Cover Crop Roundtable recording!
- 2018 Report from the USDA-NRCS PMC Cover Crop Variety Adaptation Trials in Corvallis, OR
- Warm Season Cover Crops for Western Oregon - USDA-NRCS PMC
- OSU Cover Crop Calculator
- SARE Cover Crop Learning Room
- Managing Cover Crops Profitably, An introduction to cover cropping basics and overviews of cover crop species.